[Dnsmasq-discuss] TFTP FIXME message

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Mon Apr 2 06:52:00 BST 2012

Hallo, Simon,

Du meintest am 01.04.12:

>> my (self made) dnsmasq 2.60 always tells
>>
>> TFTP FIXME: this and the next few must be full strings to be
>> translatable - do not assemble in code/tftpboot
>>
>> when it gets started.
>>
>> What does that message mean?

> It means that my code builds English sentences on the fly and that
> makes translating into German difficult (Because the word order
> different is).

> The German translation (in the file po/de.po ) is sadly out-of-date,
> but if anyone wants to work on it, I'll happily try and fix the
> messages to make it easier.

Ok - it's no error message but only a kind of reminder for that nice guy
who will fill this file "po/de.po".

Searching for "FIXME" only shows this file, searching for "translatable"
only shows "network.c" (line 785). But then I can't imagine which
english text has to be translated.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut