[Dnsmasq-discuss] Some clients appear not to do addr-in-use checks, making --no-ping risky

Alkis Georgopoulos alkisg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:08:37 BST 2012

Στις 18/04/2012 11:14 πμ, ο/η Simon Kelley έγραψε:
> I'm not surprised that PXE doesn't do checks, but I am surprised that
> dhclient doesn't. The server-side checks are a SHOULD also, BTW.
>[...]
> That looks conclusive. Do you see the same thing when the OS boots and
> dhclient runs?

Yes, I didn't see dhclient or iPXE doing any addr-in-use checks either.

So we'll probably keep using isc-dhcp as the LTSP default, and provide
an ltsp-server-dnsmasq package for those that want to use the proxy DHCP
mode of dnsmasq (and let me say thanks for that once more, it's a real
life saver).