[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq 2.61 no periodic RA's and sendto errors

Vladislav Grishenko themiron at mail.ru
Sat May 12 16:25:23 BST 2012

Thanks, Simon.
Now, the only noticeable thing to go is configurable RA periodical interval
values
Rfc2461 introduces:
MaxRtrAdvInterval:	valid range [4 .. 1800], default 600 seconds
MinRtrAdvInterval:	valid range [3 .. 3/4 * MaxRtrAdvInterval], default
1/3 * MaxRtrAdvInterval
AdvDefaultLifetime:	valid range 0, [MaxRtrAdvInterval .. 9000], default
3 * MaxRtrAdvInterval

So, probably enable-ra syntax needs to be expanded, something like
enable-ra,[MaxRtrAdvInterval],[MinRtrAdvInterval],[AdvDefaultLifetime]
If AdvDefaultLifetime and/or MinRtrAdvInterval are not specified - just
calculate them from specified/default MaxRtrAdvInterval.
This will make configuration more handy for sure.

Best Regards, Vladislav Grishenko