[Dnsmasq-discuss] Re : how to handle the local domain (A, PTR)

Jan Seiffert kaffeemonster at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:20:02 BST 2012

Vincent Cadet schrieb:
[snip]
>  Have you tried a domain name "localdomain.local" or
> "home.local" for instance? If you have no Apple device in your
> network, at least it should work from Windows and *NIX machines.
> (Apple devices/machines might cause issues with the ".local" suffix
> when using bonjour.)

.local is also burned on Windows.
To many people own iGadgets, which need iTunes, and iTunes installs
Bonjour...
The Linux Desktop cabal also pushes hard for avahi, which burns .local
nearly everywhere.

Simply use .lan.
I renamed all nets i could get my hands on, and they run better
afterwards...

> Vincent

Greetings
	Jan