[Dnsmasq-discuss] MX forwarding

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Thu Aug 23 16:41:17 BST 2012

On 08/23/2012 10:44 AM, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> Simon is on holiday and might not be able to answer very soon. The
> only other nugget I can toss out is this one:
>
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 10:26:25AM -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
>> I checked my dnsmasq.conf and I have "local=/xxx/", "domain xxx",
> "XXX" is a valid top-level domain, so it might not be a good choice
> for your internal domain. That said, it was chosen to be easy to
> block, because many sites will want to do that.
Actually, that was just for the example.  With the "real" testing I used
domain names such as test, bigboy, and thisisit.

All this started with a lot more stuff getting forwarded from the
virtual systems.  It seems that libvirt needed to add some parameters
when it started dnsmasq.  There is a patch submitted to libvirt to
address that.  But, after getting that working, there was still the MX
queries that were getting forwarded.

Gene

Gene