[Dnsmasq-discuss] SOA and NS lookup forwarding

Michael Firth mfirth at nevion.com
Wed Sep 12 13:52:47 BST 2012

> Do you have --filterwin2k set? That would cause problems with SOA records.
>
> It would be useful  to have some examples of exactly what the queries are that fail.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Simon.

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been busy or out of the office for a while.

Hunting things down to try and produce my reply, I've found the issue - I'd added some "local" lines to prevent dnsmasq forwarding requests for hostnames and addresses only it should be handling, but had accidentally included the in-addr range for the subnet I was having problems with, which I really needed to not block.

Removing that "local" line, and things seem to be working as desired.

I think my dnsmasq config is too complicated....

Thanks

Michael