[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCPv6 wishes (Re: IPv6: selective RAs)

Lutz Preßler Lutz at Pressler.de
Thu Sep 13 10:29:16 BST 2012

Hello,
Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2012 schrieb Lutz Preßler:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. September 2012 schrieb Simon Kelley:
> > On 12/09/12 14:20, Lutz Preßler wrote:
> >
> > You can black or white list for DHCPv6 with the --dhcp-ignore (but it
> > might be difficult to blacklist for DHCpv6 and allow DHCPv4 - that could
> > be fixed.)
> Ok, I'll try.
Whitelisting with DUID does work as documented, e.g.
  dhcp-host=id:00:01:00:01:16:97:D9:B5:00:0A:29:5E:8C:D0
  dhcp-ignore=tag:!known
(probably also with explicit tags).

Two things would be helpful:
- A way to tag depending on link local IPv6 source address (and interface?)
  of the request. This is in many cases easier to get in advance than the
  DUID used (and in the original application also needed to selectively
  ignore RA solicitations). (I know that this is not usable with relays.)

- Logging: with log-dhcp ignored DHCPSOLICITs are logged (including DUID)
  but DHCPINFORMATION-REQUESTs are not. Probably this is not intentionally?
  (Maybe also include requesting LL IPv6 address in logging.)

Lutz