[Dnsmasq-discuss] Pulling DHCP leases from an external script?

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Wed Oct 3 20:14:49 BST 2012

I'm trying to set up a DHCP server so that on any request for a new
lease I can execute a script and have the script return an IP address
(and other information).

Is this something that is currently possible with dnsmasq?  From reading
the man page, I can't tell if I will get this behaviour with
--dhcp-script --leasefile-ro.

Basically, it would be impossible for me to specify all the possible
DHCP leases at startup, but when a lease request is received I would be
able to determine what IP to assign.