[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to add local configuration to Network Manager initiated dnsmasq in Ubuntu 12.04

Jay Imerman jimerman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 22:05:55 BST 2012

Strange. I installed 12.04 from scratch, and had to install dnsmasq
and change it in the NetworkManager. In fact I finally fixed an issue
with the Ubuntu machine itself not resolving names outside itself (ie
Internet DNS) by changing the line to "dns=dnsmasq,dns"

Thus the default on a new install was dns not dnsmasq. I will check
the workstation I upgraded to 12.04 later tonight.

- Jay
Sent from my iPhone