[Dnsmasq-discuss] It works: multiple dnsmasqs running

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Sat Oct 13 19:39:45 BST 2012

Attached is the patch that worked.  Do you intend to incorporate this
into dnsmasq?

I still have the setting of IPV6_V6ONLY and I do not know if this is
needed.  I will try and run some tests without it and see if it still works.

Now that I have something that can run multiple dnsmasq dhcp6 servers at
the same time, I am going to spend time to get my "testing kludge" in
libvirt working.

I again proved to myself that specifying listen-address=<ip4-address>
and listen-address=<ip6-address> does not work with dhcp6 whereas
specifying interface=eth0 does.  I am not sure how/why it seems to work
with dhcp4 (as demonstrated by libvirt) but not dhcp6.  BTW, there is
one difference: libvirt specifies --listen-address on the command line
whereas I had it in a conf file.

Gene