[Dnsmasq-discuss] It works: multiple dnsmasqs running

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Mon Oct 15 21:02:23 BST 2012

On 15/10/12 18:05, Gene Czarcinski wrote:

> I did not really need that because I had already "instrumented"
> iface_check(). It is failing because iface_check() is checking the wrong
> list. Instead of checking the daemon->if_names and daemon->if_addrs
> lists which it does, it should be checking the daemon->interfaces list
> which is very carefully built when enumerate_interfaces() is called in
> dnsmasq.c

But daemon->if_addrs is the address(es) given in --listen-address config
items, command line or config file. That's what you want to check against.

> iface_check() is called a lot and I don't know if changing it would
> break something else but having a new interfaces_check() should work ...
> or, just put the code into dhcp6_packet().

Checking against daemon->interfaces will break things.

> And, I do believe that I have learn a little about socket programming.

That's good, if you want a source of more information than you could
ever use, "Unix Network Programming" by W Richard Stevens et al is the
best book I've found.