[Dnsmasq-discuss] SUCCESS

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Wed Oct 17 15:59:20 BST 2012

On 10/17/2012 10:38 AM, richardvoigt at gmail.com wrote:

>     Now, I assume that all dhcmasq instantiations will each get copies
>     of all dhcp6 packets.
>

> Unicast UDP doesn't guarantee that, usually a unicast packet is only
> delivered to one socket.
Someone more expert is going to need to reply because I am definitely
out of my depth here.

However, I do know that I have run two (that is not a lot but it is more
than one) copies of dnsmasq each serving a different IPv6 subnetwork.  I
did not do any real stress testing but it did work.

I need to look at what --bind-interfaces does or does not do in the case
of IPv6 ... as I found out with the --interface/--listen-address
problem, what is intended is not necessarily what happens.

Gene