[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq for road warriors

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 22:00:38 GMT 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 09:42:34PM +0000, Ed W wrote:
> On 13/11/2012 15:03, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> >And dhcpcd(8) is writing domain_name_servers to
> >/var/lib/dhcpcd/resolv.conf.
>
> How do you remove servers from that file when the link goes down?

Why would I care? If I have no connection, nothing will resolve,
unless already cached. :)

> What if two connections try to add the same entries and then one
> of them goes down?

That does not happen. I only have one DHCP client. If I plug in on
the wired network, I turn off the wireless. I forgot to mention, I
don't use Network Manager and the like. I'm mostly on wireless with
this thing, and wpa_supplicant.conf(5) manages wireless connections.

Thanks for your interest, Ed. I think we're good here. :)