[Dnsmasq-discuss] verification of how RA works.

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Mon Nov 26 16:08:50 GMT 2012

I believe that RA will work in the manner described below but have not
verified/tested this yet.

If there are 4 IPv6 (gateway) addresses specified on an interface and
one of those addresses has a dhcp-range specified, then having a
dhcp-range=<ipv6-addr, ra-only specified for the other three address
will result in:

1. state-full RA for the IPv6 subnet with the dhcp-range specified.

2. state-less RA for the other three subnetworks.

Yes, it is not clear to me why one would define multiple subnets on the
same "fabric" but that is a capability in libvirt for virtual network
interfaces.

Gene