[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq configuration

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 20:19:37 GMT 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Ritesh Nanda <riteshnanda09 at gmail.com>wrote:

> hello,
>
> I am working on openstack , which uses dnsmasq as a dhcp server.
> Here is a challenge what i am facing , using dnsmasq configuration file i
> am adding a default route to the vms that are created in this
> enviornment, now challenge i am facing is i want to add two routes using
> dnsmasq configuration file.
>
> one route for a particular subnet so that it request  get forwared to a
> gateway
> and one as a default route.
> eg.
>
> 192.168.10.0 network request gets forwarded to gateway 192.168.10.6
> and all other request gets forwarded to 192.168.10.1

You may have some trouble implementing this particular routing table,
because requests to 192.168.10.* are routed to 192.168.10.6, which is in
192.168.10.*, so it's reached via 192.168.10.6, which is in 192.168.10.*,
and ad infinitum.

The gateway address specified in the routing table should be on the local
network, not the network the gateway is used to reach (this implies that
every gateway should be multi-homed).