[Dnsmasq-discuss] pxe only information from dnsmasq possible?

Oliver Rath rath at mglug.de
Sun Dec 23 10:45:37 GMT 2012

Hi Nikolay!

Am 15.12.2012 16:26, schrieb Nikolay Kasatkin:
> Hello, Oliver!
>
> Yes, you can direct dnsmasq for sending only PXE information to your
> clients. Take a look at dhcp-proxy option in manual and config file.

Ha! This is it! I simply have to use the "proxy"-keyword in the
dhcp-range-option. While my dnsmasq-computer _then_ is getting also an
ip-address (i think so), am I able to use the "proxy" option without a
range? Or do I have to create he dnsmasq-configuration dynamicly by
parsing the received ip-address?

I will try this.

Thank you so much!
Oliver

P.S.: Sorry for answering so lately, but christmas preparation was a bit
chaotic this year ..