[Dnsmasq-discuss] force --local/--server protocol

Mr Dash Four mr.dash.four at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 9 16:00:17 GMT 2013

>> Thanks, I'll seek to implement that, though I have another query: if
>> dnsmasq receives a request from a client, which is directed to dns1 and
>> then receives a response from that server "not-implemented" what happens
>> next: does that error gets returned to the client,
> Yes, this.
Damn, this wasn't the answer I was hoping for...

> This is the behavior for SERVFAIL and REFUSED rcodes, but not
> "not-implemented".
>
> Not that the above reflects what actually happens, which might not be
> the same as what _should_ happen.
Is there any chance I could solve this? If not, I am looking at running the "full" dns server on a different port, which is going to be a massive headache for me as I have to, among other things, reset half the configuration on that machine as otherwise there won't be a way in which I could direct dns requests properly using dnsmasq.