[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCPv6 and MAC

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Mon Feb 11 16:48:31 GMT 2013

On 02/10/2013 08:57 PM, Dan Williams wrote:
> Best to test with is git master or the 0.9.7.995 release.
Too late ... I am running 0.9.7.997

So far things are working well (no problems).

I finally figured out that the easiest way to specify the duid-default
so that I would be using duid-LL is to take the colon separated hex
digits and converting them to back-slash separated 3-digit octal numbers
and ignore the other stuff dhclient does. This seems acceptable to dhclient.

If I delete everything but the first line in the lease file and then use
the above to set the LL this works.

I still do not understand how/why duid-UUID gets used as the current
default is duid-LLT.  And, I would still like an option to specify that
duid-LL be used but, if not acceptable for the regular NetworkManager
distribution, then I can handle it as a local patch.

Gene