[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp-vendorclass with bootp

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Thu Apr 11 14:02:42 BST 2013

Hi,

 >> Is there any reason why the vendor matching isn't done for bootp?

 Simon> As far as I remember, the reason was simply that I considered
 Simon> such options as DHCP options, and not part of the bootp
 Simon> spec. That's obviously wrong, just by looking at the title of
 Simon> RFC2132: "DHCP Options and BOOTP Vendor Extensions"

 Simon> So, no good reason at all. I'll add it to the list for attention
 Simon> once the current 2.66 release is on it's way.

Thanks!

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard