[Dnsmasq-discuss] New to dnsmasq

Giacomo Tazzari giacomo.tazzari at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 23:09:54 BST 2013

Hello Paul!

If I had to guess, I think you have a line like:

127.0.0.1       sms

in your /etc/hosts file.
Unless otherwise specified with the "no-hosts" option, dnsmasq takes
/etc/hosts into account for resolving names.

If it's so, "sms" would resolv to 127.0.0.1 for any client querying dnsmasq

I hope that helps!

- Giacomo