[Dnsmasq-discuss] Advertising link MTU in the RA

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Mon May 13 16:52:42 BST 2013

On Mon, 13 May 2013 11:01:49 +0100, Simon Kelley wrote:
> On 10/05/13 15:26, Yuri Pankov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there a way to specify link MTU sent in the RA (same as AdvLinkMTU
>> option in radvd)?
>>
>> Running:
>>
>> Dnsmasq version 2.62 Copyright (c) 2000-2012 Simon Kelley
>> Compile time options: IPv6 GNU-getopt no-DBus no-i18n no-IDN DHCP DHCPv6
>> no-Lua TFTP no-conntrack
>>

> The current release (2.66) sends the MTU of the server's interface
> automatically in the RA. I'm not sure if that was added after 2.62, but
> I think not.
>
> There's no way to specify a value other that the value derived from the
> local interface.

Got it. I'm using HE's tunnel, which is set to 1280, and the MTU got
from RA is 1500, despite being set to 1280 for the interface (using
OpenWRT with 6in4 settings). I can live with that for now, setting the
MTU manually on the laptop, but if you could add an option to configure,
it would be awesome. And thanks for the great software :-)