[Dnsmasq-discuss] Forwarding all DNS requests (wildcard effectively) to single upstream server

Stuart Jenkins stuart at stuartj.plus.com
Tue May 21 21:43:44 BST 2013

Hi

Sorry - banging my head with the man page at
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html as this
is obviously possible but I cannot see the answer.

I want All DNS requests that go to dnsmasq to be forwarded to a specific
DNS server. Don't care what the request is for, just send it on to this dns
server.

I thought a quick one line in the /etc/dnsmasq.conf file would be the
solution (a variant of)

*
*
*
*
But apparently server=//a.b.c.d will not work as: *"An empty domain
specification, // has the special meaning of "unqualified names only" ie
names without any dots in them. "*
*
*
I know I am missing something - any hints?

Thanks in advance
*
*
Stu