[Dnsmasq-discuss] Subnet specifications for authoritative dns

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Wed May 29 12:34:24 BST 2013

/dev/rob0 <rob0 at gmx.co.uk> writes:

> Then perhaps your simple solution is a little bit of network
> restructuring to replace your /24 with a /23 and your /25 with a /24?
> RFC1918 gives us lots of room; stretch out and enjoy some of it. :)

Yeah, considered that. But right now I'm using a separate /24 for each
physical site (VPN'ed together), and the first three octets being the
mnemonic for the physical site is kinda nice. Also, restructuring all
the networks would be too much hassle for what is really a 'nice to
have' thing... If implementing filtering is too much hassle, I can live
with a bit of DNS pollution, just thought I'd ask... :)

-Toke