[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS on localhost

Brad Morgan b-morgan at concentric.net
Wed May 29 17:31:54 BST 2013

> There's a Debian package called "resolvconf" which I think automates this
stuff. You could try installing that. My guess is that the DHCP client on
eth0 is overwriting your /etc/resolv.conf

My connection to the outside is a cable modem so I've got the following in
/etc/dhclient-eth0.conf:

supersede domain-name "morgan.local";
supersede domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1,208.67.222.222,208.67.220.220;
#OpenDNS

This solves the problem of the DHCP client on eth0 overwriting
/etc/resolv.conf. If "resolvconf" doesn't solve the problem then I'm sure
you can find the equivalent config file on Debian.

Brad