[Dnsmasq-discuss] Can I set up dnsmasq to act as a local caching recursive DNS server?

Robert S robert.spam.me.senseless at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 12:05:25 BST 2013

I am having difficulties with lookups by spamassassin - I'm getting
these messages:URIBL_BLOCKED ADMINISTRATOR NOTICE: The query to URIBL
was blocked.See
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DnsBlocklists#dnsbl-block for more
information.

I've been advised that my URIBL query traffic may be aggregated with
many others  and that I need to use a local caching recursive DNS
server.  Is dnsmasq able to do this?  I've been using it for quite a
few years and am not keen to switch to something else.

TIA
Robert S