[Dnsmasq-discuss] Unable to resolve public/external hostnames

Weedy weedy2887 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 12:42:13 BST 2013

On 09/06/13 03:31 AM, Koos Pol wrote:
> Goodmorning all,
>

> I've shot myself in the foot by purchasing a new router without a DNS *server*
> aboard (Netgear WNDR4500). (For which I'm now in a lengthy, difficult
> discussion with Netgear support. Why doesn't a consumer grade router doesn't
> do local name resolution? But that's an entire different subject)

I know I'm behind but FYI dnsmasq is installed and running[1] same as
any shitty SOHO router. In future look at TP-Link hardware, pretty much
everything they ship runs atheros radios (currently). Failing that just
try and buy stuff with atheros radios.

[1] http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/netgear/wndr4500