[Dnsmasq-discuss] Make RA_INTERVAL configureable? Deprecate old prefixes?

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Sat Jul 27 20:48:38 BST 2013

On 27/07/13 19:11, Uwe Schindler wrote:

> In my opinion, dnsmasq should by default (like for stateful  IPv4
> leases) use the lifetime specified in the dhcp-range to request the
> clients to refresh this information. If it is explicitely given, of
> course use the information from option6:information-refresh-time
> setting.

I agree. My keyboard is clattering as we speak.

There's a bit of a complication, which is that DHCPv6
information-requests don't include the IP address of the client, so if
an information-request arrives on an interface which has more than one
address and more than one corresponding dhcp-range, then it's ambiguous
which one to use. I propose that in such a case, the range with the
smallest time will be used.