[Dnsmasq-discuss] only forward requests for specific hosts

Frederic Van Espen frederic.ve at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 08:04:15 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm running dnsmasq as a caching dns server that forwards requests to
some.specific.domain.com to an internal dns server. This dnsmasq
instance is exposed publicly on ethx and privately on ethy.

Is there a way to configure dnsmasq in such a way that:
    - from the public internet, only requests for the
some.specific.domain.com are forwarded to our internal server. Requests
that require resolving should be responded to as "no such address".
    - from our private network, anything is allowed. that means requests
to some.specific.domain.com and other requests that need forwarding are
allowed.

I need this to prevent this host from being used as an open resolver
which can be used for dns attacks.

Cheers,

Frederic