[Dnsmasq-discuss] gatway

Moritz Warning moritzwarning at web.de
Wed Oct 2 14:47:06 BST 2013

The gateway in our network isn't always present.
So it won't be able to announce a prefix all the time.
Yet, every new computer need to know a prefix
to communicate with other computers on the network.
I would assume that this is common scenario.

Btw., ra-names is not really necessary for us.
We just want to gives connected computers a
prefix and at some point in the future the
address and prefix of the gateway as well.
router-advertisements/-solicitations are blocked on the network
except between a computer (client) and the router it is connected to.
It is a public mesh network. :-)