[Dnsmasq-discuss] requested explanation of undocumented feature

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 23:44:54 BST 2013

Where is this interface: syntax you're mentioning, anyway.

The only thing I see is that you dnsmasq automatically creates a tag for
you using the name of the network interface (that name being controlled by
udev).  This is documented:

> The tag system works as follows: For each DHCP request, dnsmasq collects
a set of valid tags from active configuration lines which include
set:<tag>, including one from the *dhcp-range* used to allocate the
address, one from any matching *dhcp-host* (and "known" if a dhcp-host
matches) The tag "bootp" is set for BOOTP requests, and a tag whose name is
the name of the interface on which the request arrived is also set.