[Dnsmasq-discuss] FreeBSD complement to Linux's netlink: route(4) socket

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Dec 5 20:10:36 GMT 2013

Am 05.12.2013 12:48, schrieb Simon Kelley:
> That's excellent. Thank you.
>
> We're too late in the 2.68 cycle for this, but it's first think on my
> list for 2.69.

OK.

> Google suggests that it should work on any *BSD system, including macOS?

FreeBSD-specific features might comprose the IFF_DRV_RUNNING, IFF_DYING,
flags. DragonflyBSD Git and NetBSD 6.1 don't have these flags, FreeBSD
9.x has them in net/if.h, haven't checked if 8.x had them; and 10.x has
them but I didn't check if they're still in the same place (aka include
file).

MacOS X/Darwin being a derivative of FreeBSD will often work (might also
lack the three mentioned symbols), unless Apple abused interfaces, but I
don't know when exactly they forked.

OpenBSD needs to be checked, too.  It's a heavily rewritten NetBSD.

HTH

Matthias