[Dnsmasq-discuss] Difference between SLAAC and RA-ONLY mode

Shixiong Shang sparkofwisdom.cloud at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 17:34:49 GMT 2013

Hi, Simon:

Thanks a lot for your quick clarification! Just want to make sure I clearly understand what you mean….if the dhcp-range contains a range of IPv6 address, then slaac should enable dhcpv6 + ra; if the dhcp-range contains the single IPv6 address, then slack will only do ra, but not dhcpv6…..Same as ra-only. In other words, how slaac/ra-only set MOAL bits depends on dhcp-range…..Is my understanding correct?

Shixiong