[Dnsmasq-discuss] Ping does not work but nslookup works (Use dnsmasq on Mac OS X)

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 15:03:48 GMT 2013

Hi,

I followed the instruction at the following address (after section
"Solution: DNSMasq"). My machine is Mac OS X 10.8.5.

http://www.justincarmony.com/blog/2011/07/27/mac-os-x-lion-etc-hosts-bugs-and-dns-resolution/

The only difference is that I have the following configuration on my mac machine

/etc$ cat /etc/resolv.dnsmasq.conf
nameserver 192.168.1.25
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
/etc$ sudo networksetup -getdnsservers Wi-Fi
127.0.0.1

192.168.1.25 is another DNS in my home network, which has the
information for oxygen.yulab. But the following commands shows that
ping is not able to find the correct ip. Does anybody know what is
wrong and how to debug such a problem?

Thanks.

~$ nslookup oxygen.yulab
Server:        127.0.0.1
Address:    127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    oxygen.yulab
Address: 192.168.1.163

~$ ping oxygen.yulab
ping: cannot resolve oxygen.yulab: Unknown host

--
Regards,
Peng