[Dnsmasq-discuss] pxe booting trouble

Michael Thompson mrt at sdf.org
Fri Dec 27 19:54:14 GMT 2013

I’m having trouble pxe booting clients with dnsmasq, specifically with the
dhcp part. If I use ISC dhcp, but keep dnsmasq for dns and tftp, it works
fine. I’d much rather have dnsmasq do it all but simply cannot get it to
work.

Pxe booting via isc dhcp works with this bit of configuration:
next-server 172.18.100.19;
filename "BOOTX64.efi";

this, I believe, is the dnsmasq equivalent but yields an error message:
dhcp-boot=BOOTX64.efi,admin,172.18.100.19

should that be enough to work? Might additional configurations be necessary?
The error is “PXE-E21 Remote boot cancelled. Boot Failed: Please ensure
compatible media is available”

Thanks for any pointers you can give.