[Dnsmasq-discuss] Random IP leases?

Quintus quintus at quintilianus.eu
Mon Jan 27 16:03:32 GMT 2014

Hi Simon,

thank you for your detailed information. I didn’t know there’s something
like temporary DHCPv6 addresses, but it indeed sounds like it is the
feature I was looking for.

Am 26.01.2014 22:01, schrieb Simon Kelley:
> Of course this just changes the problem into "how do I tell my DHCPv6
> client to request a DHCPv6 temporary address", for ISC dhclient, there's
> a "-T" flag that does it.

I’m using dhcpcd as DHCP client, and it appears dhcpcd has a
configuration option "ia_ta" that can be placed in /etc/dhcpcd.conf,
which then causes dhcpcd to request a temporary address. That option
also optionally takes an IAID, but I’ve just used it without one and it
seems to run fine anyway. Attached you can find the (obfuscated)
server-side log of dnsmasq.

> You well be the first person to try this dnsmasq facility, so feedback
> on how you get on would be very valuable.

I’ll monitor what happens and will give feedback when time allows it :-)

> Cheers,
>

> Simon.

Vale,
Marvin

--
Blog: http://www.quintilianus.eu

I will reject HTML emails.     | Ich akzeptiere keine HTML-Nachrichten.

Use GnuPG for mail encryption: | GnuPG für Mail-Verschlüsselung:
http://www.gnupg.org           | http://gnupg.org/index.de.html