[Dnsmasq-discuss] Testers wanted: DNSSEC.

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Thu Feb 6 16:55:44 GMT 2014

On 06/02/14 10:17, Henk Jan Agteresch wrote:
> I compiled 2.69test6 on armv5tel (linksys 4200v2 running debian) using
> dpkg-buildpackage.
> dnsmasq crashes on the first received query with "*** stack smashing
> detected ***: /usr/sbin/dnsmasq terminated"

Fixed code in 2.69test for from git pull.

It seems to take the extra checking compiler flags that Debian packag
builds use, and an ARM architecture, to detect this, same build flags on
i386 didn't find it.

The moral of this story is don't used fixed-size buffers, even for fixed
strings. One day you may expand the strings, and then the buffer will be
too small :-(

Thanks for the bug report.