[Dnsmasq-discuss] ipv6 slaac with global prefixes

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Tue Apr 1 07:12:43 UTC 2014

Le 01/04/2014 08:54, Vasiliy Tolstov a écrit :
> Hi all. I'm try to use ipv6 slaac addresses and get global routing in
> my simple network.
> What i need to specify in dnsmasq.conf to provide global prefix to nodes?
>
> Now i write
> dhcp-range=::1,slaac,5m
> dhcp-option=option6:dns-server,[::]
> enable-ra
>
> But when i ping6 some ipv6 addr i get error connect: Invalid argument

Hi Vasiliy,

What is the *exact* command that you used to ping6? If you don't want to
disclose the actual target, use e.g. albert.aribaud.net, which should
resolve in IPv6 and answer (reasonable) IPv6 pings.

Also, did you have a look at your router's and client's DHCP, network
and/or system logs?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.