[Dnsmasq-discuss] PTR records with auth-zone and auth-server

Craig McQueen craig.mcqueen at beamcommunications.com
Thu Apr 3 07:22:53 UTC 2014

I'm using dnsmasq 2.68. It's mostly working, however I'm having a few
troubles with PTR records when using auth-zone and auth-server. If I use
these options, then:

* PTR look-up of IP addresses defined by interface-name=example.lan,br0
return an answer, but the returned status is NXDOMAIN rather than NOERROR.
* No custom PTR records can be defined with ptr-record.

If I remove the auth-zone and auth-server options, then PTR records work
as expected.

Is there a good reason that this isn't working when using auth-zone and
auth-server options?

Regards,
Craig McQueen