[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq using 100% cpu on router

Weedy weedy2887 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 01:43:26 UTC 2014

On 22 Apr 2014 15:10, "David Joslin" <davidj at nkcc.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an Asus rt-n16 router running the Shibby version of the Tomato
firmware which includes dnsmasq version 2.69test3. It's in use in a
building that frequently has 50+ users on a wireless network and dnsmasq
has performed extremely well with very little load on the router.

> However, we've recently run a couple of conferences in the building and
the number of people using the wireless network has been just over 100.

Even if you fix this you should look into better hardware.

480mhz and broadcom radios at your loads worries the hell out of me.