[Dnsmasq-discuss] Fwd: dnsmasq : how to configure for pxe over http

D.L.C. Burggraaff burdi02 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 17:54:48 BST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: D.L.C. Burggraaff <burdi02 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Subject: dnsmasq : how to configure for pxe over http
To: dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk

L.S.

For days I have been trying, but I whatever google hints I try the files
get delivered over tftp instead of http.
Any hints on what I am doing wrong will be appreciated.
Kind regards, Dick Burggraaff

linux - slackware current
kernel 3.15.4 64bit, userland 32bit
dnsmasq 2.71
syslinux 6.02
lighttpd 1.4.35, /var/www/htdocs-lighttpd/pxe symlinked to /srv/pxe

*script*

#!/bin/sh

# pmagic_pxeserver : Run services for pxe booting
# Written by Dick Burggraaff (burdi01)

PXEDIR=/srv/pxe

# Determine the IP address of the first interface
IP="$(ifconfig | grep broadcast | head -n1 | awk '{print$2}')"
if [ -z "$IP" ]; then
   echo ">>> FATAL: no IP address for the first network interface"
   exit 1
fi

# Determine the C class subnet
SUBNET="$(echo $IP | cut -d"." -f1-3)"

# Start the DHCP and TFTP servers
killall dnsmasq &>/dev/null
dnsmasq --enable-tftp --tftp-root=$PXEDIR --dhcp-range=$SUBNET.50,proxy \
   --log-dhcp --pxe-prompt="Press F8 for boot menu",0 \
   --pxe-service=x86PC,"Boot from the network",lpxelinux \
   --dhcp-boot=lpxelinux.0,http://$IP/pxe/

echo ">>> The PXE services should be running now"

*script end*