[Dnsmasq-discuss] Configuration to kick off devices after a certain time

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 00:29:06 BST 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 12:30:18AM +0200, Elrippo wrote:
> I am aware of doing some iptables rules for kicking of a subnet
> IP for a certain amount of time, but I just didn't want to start
> with iptables, especially for every IP on that subnet.

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you're dealing with groups of
addresses, try ipset(8) and the iptables "set" match.

> I'll give it a try ;)
>
> Thanks again for your help, maybe i'll post a feature request for
> implementation, so this "lease kick off" hasn't to be done by a
> webserver like in hotels.

I don't know what you have seen, but it's still not technically
possible, even with the features I described.  (Well, the DNS
hijacking might come close, but a malicious rulebreaker could use
IP addresses.)
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/