[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCPv6 Server for Android

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Mon Oct 6 09:52:09 BST 2014

Hi Praveen,

> I would like to run the DHCPv6 Server on android devices.
> Please provide us the info to run the dnsmasq for such use case.
> Please provide all necessary info like configuration and command line arguments etc.

May I suggest that you first look at the dnsmasq man page?  You can
find this at
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html.  In
particular please see the documentation for the "--dhcp-range" option;
this is fundamentally what enables DHCP server operation (IIUC).

After that, I expect you'll be able to ask more precise questions
about anything that you still don't understand.

Regards,
       Neil