[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcp option 43 question

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 16:30:51 BST 2014

 >Try either dhcp-option=vendor:,1,ip.ip.ip.ip
 >or dhcp-option=vendor:,1,http://fqdn:8080/inform
 >Refer --dhcp-option
http://www.thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/docs/dnsmasq-man.html for details

OK, so I'm still confused.  Is it assumed that if I use
dhcp-option=vendor... that it is option-code 43 (because we've specified
a vendor-specific option)?  I don't exactly understand how your
recommendation maps back to the examples given in that reference webpage.

BTW: On that webpage, it would appear that the vendor string I want to
use is "ubnt", right?  So in order to not send this option to all my
other dhcp clients, I would use "dhcp-option=vendor:ubnt,..." right?

Thanks again for the help!
-AJ