[Dnsmasq-discuss] problem with dnsmasq to use only dns proxy server

Junyoung Park killers2989 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 02:15:38 BST 2014

Hi.

I want to use dnsmasq only dns proxy server.

See below my configuration and iptables redirect rule.
resolv-file=/etc/resolv.conf.old (empty)
bogus-priv
domain-needed
user=root
group=root
no-hosts
keep-in-foreground
localise-queries
bind-interfaces
log-facility=/var/log/dnsmasq.log
log-queries
address=/ftp.test.zone/124.124.124.2
address=/www.example.com/124.124.124.1
address=/www.test.zone/124.124.124.3
server=127.0.0.1
interface=eth1
port=53
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 53 -j REDIRECT --to-port 53

if my server known addresses, it can responses to clients.

but, to about unknown addressess... server can't forwarded original
clients destination nameserver.

how can i configure it? have any options? or my configuration is missed?