[Dnsmasq-discuss] Configurable DSCP value for DNS request

Håkan Lager digiloo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 08:46:41 GMT 2015

Hi,

I don’t know how to search the archive, so perhaps this question is already discussed.

I have a need to be able to rise the priority on the DNS requests.  But I can’t see that dnsmasq
support that kind of configuring.

I just did a fast test and used setsocketopt (in mksock) to configure TOS, but according
to tcpdump nothing happened, TOS was still default 0.

Any idea why? Is it the use of sendmsg() that overrides my setting, or ..

Any Ideas?

Charles B