[Dnsmasq-discuss] DNS servers to resolve domain name

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Jan 9 22:32:45 GMT 2015

Normally, queries are sent to just one server, but every so often, a
query is sent to both servers, to see which on answers first. The
server which answers first is used until the next time the test is
done. If a query times out, the retry is done to both servers.

If your "bad" server never answered, it would be ignored, but if it
answers some of the time, that's a problem. A solution to try is the
dnsmasq --all-servers option.