[Dnsmasq-discuss] Thanks and question

richardvoigt at gmail.com richardvoigt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 04:29:33 GMT 2015

You're imagining the "reserved range".

The --dhcp-host configuration option of dnsmasq will reserve an address.
--dhcp-range=static will not.

Simon just explained that adding a pool automatically starts serving static
addresses in the remainder of the subnet, so your "dynamic from .1 to .99
and reserved from .100 to .254" case is covered by
--dhcp-range=x.y.z.1,x.y.z.99,255.255.255.0