[Dnsmasq-discuss] proxyDHCP + EFI PXE?

Greg C icypoint at outlook.com
Sat Feb 14 06:04:37 GMT 2015

Has anybody been able to pxeboot an EFI system using Dnsmasq in proxyDHCP mode? Every machine I have tried fails to boot (mostly newer Dells with Intel cards). The relevant lines from from my config file are here:
pxe-service=x86-64_EFI,"Loading...",snponlydhcp-range=192.168.0.0,proxy,255.255.0.0
Watching the traffic with wireshark I can see the proxy response get sent containing my 'menu' encapsulated in option 43 with the correct boot file name. Still, the client never seems acknowledge the boot info, either by showing an error or attempting to boot. It just times out after ~60 seconds and boots to the next device. If I reboot using 'Legacy PXE', everything works perfectly (I have a line for x86PC as well). If I switch from proxy to full DHCP I can boot in EFI mode without issue.
I am running Dnsmasq version 2.71 on Ubuntu if that matters.
Am I doing something wrong, or does proxyDHCP not work with EFI systems yet? These same machines can boot to Windows Deployment Services in proxyDHCP mode, so I am sure EFI PXE is capable of booting this way.
Thanks.