[Dnsmasq-discuss] adding ip address validation to dhcp_release

Moshe Levi moshele at mellanox.com
Sun Apr 19 07:28:39 BST 2015

Hi all,

I am using the dhcp_release in one of the project that I am working on.
Due to error in my code I was executing  dhcp_release with hostname and mac instead of ip and mac.
It took me a while to debug this because as it seem dchp_release doesn't validation on the ip address parameter.
Therefore, I am proposing this patch which validate the ip address parameter, also I think it will be good thing to validate the mac address as a well.

Thanks,
                Moshe Levi.