[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple networks, one dnsmasq

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun May 3 01:45:09 BST 2015

I have a router with 4 subnets, each on its own interface.  (Yes, I'm
using vlans for 3 of them.)

192.168.3.0      eth2    <- dmz.lan
192.168.4.0      eth1.4    <- auth.lan
192.168.5.0      eth1.5    <- guest.lan
192.168.6.0      eth1.6    <- tenant.lan

I'd like to set up dnsmasq so that each subnet has its own domain. I've
searched the archives, and I've found a handful of comments but no clear
example or guidance on how to do this, or even if this is really possible.

Basically, I need to make sure that the subnets never, ever get to talk
to each other, and if at all possible I'd like to make sure that they're
not even aware the other subnets exists.

Is there a way to do this?  If so, can you point me to some docs or an
example?

Thanks.